Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seriously though

It's the middle of the night, and here I am realizing I have gotten way too behind on my projects. For a number of reasons.

  1. The summer in the desert is really hot. I know, excuses, excuses. But you can't go outside to do anything that requires physical labor from about 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. And I am not an early riser/morning person -- never have been, never will be. So turning the compost a couple times a week? Maybe not. Building new raised garden beds? Hmmmm. Pruning my citrus? Unh-uh. Constructing a solar oven? Call me in October.
  2. I lost my camera. Posting feels so sad without pictures!
  3. I've been on vacation. Being away from the computer for a large portion of August has been wonderful. I don't regret it at all. NEXT!
  4. I just moved in July. A million things still need to be unpacked or nailed to the wall or filed or shelved. My house needs to get in order.
  5. The dog ate my motivation. 
Seriously though, after checking my posts from 2010, I slowed down quite a bit last summer, too. It's just the way of life out here when it gets hot, dude. I'm taking it easy until the equinox.

No comments:

Post a Comment