Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We're moving

I feel like I can finally say it: We are moving to a house in a neighboring city, Palm Desert.

I suppose there is still a chance that it won't happen, but we are far enough along in the process that I am confident.

This means that my gardening dreams are going to come true. I've been advised by veteran gardeners to sit tight for the next few months, get a feel for the landscape and not plant anything new yet (exactly, it's going to be 110 degrees). But the planting will come soon enough.

I'll have room to compost the way I'd like to. A solar oven will be built. There will be spots for giant herb gardens. A shed for cuttings, seedlings and equipment. Fences on which to grow espaliered trees. My mind whirls with the possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment