Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ready to Plant

It really is a thing of beauty. My final touches: Paver stepstones and mulch for the walkway. About 100 shovelfuls of compost and soil mixed into the dirt/sand that occupies the bottom half of the box. And my bro Nick gave me some compost/worm tea to add to the mix.
Once I get in touch with my gardening cohort, we are going to rock this box! I've got three tomato plants that are ready to be planted, plus about 15 packets of seeds. I'm thinking lettuce, radishes, carrots, broccoli, rapini and strawberries.

1 comment:

  1. Specs on the wood used:

    This 8 ft. Cherrytone Landscape Timber Edging is rounded on 2 sides and straight on the other 2 sides. A cherry-colored, water-based stain has been applied. It is good for use in landscaping and other outdoor projects.

    Solid wood landscaping timber
    Good for decks, play structures, raised beds, planter boxes, retaining walls, walkways, outdoor furniture, landscaping and other outdoor projects
    Rounded on 2 sides and straight on 2 sides
    Water-based, cherry-colored stain has been applied
    Paintable and stainable
    3 in. x 4 in. x 8 ft.

    ReplyDelete